Back links remains a key indicator to Google of the value of your content. Not only incoming links but outgoing links, these form a pattern like a road network leading to authoritative content. Top tips from the infographic below are:
- Put links in the body of a page (which have more value than in the footer)
- Tag links as ‘follow’ when they lead somewhere useful
- Provide links to other authoritative sites
- Solicit incoming links from high quality sites
- Create long form content
- Answer common questions such as Why? What?
- Don’t be deceptive and sneak links into your site using devious means
- Don’t hide links
- Don’t use poor quality affiliate content
- Don’t make fake adverts
The source for the infographic is over here.